Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Dad! (Day 2)

Yesterday was such a neat day. My dad had Zone Leader Training first thing in the morning, which gave me the opportunity to meet several missionaries. They are all so cute and it was so much fun to get to know them. My sister and I were able to sit in on the training and I can't tell you how neat it was to hear these young men sing. The training is in a room above my parents garage and when they sing, their voices fill the streets. The spirit is amazing. After the training my sister and I helped my mom get the food ready and it was amazing how quickly the food disappears. I heard several American Elders comment on how they love eating at President's home because it's a taste of home. My mom has almost perfected all of her American dishes here in Mexico, thanks to Costco!! After we ate, we were able to sing Happy Birthday to my Dad. It was great being here to celebrate his birthday with him. We were able to sing happy birthday in English and then the Elders sang it in spanish. After the celebration we jumped in a car and drove 2 hours to Cocoyoc where my parents and the other 25 mission presidents in Mexico are meeting with members of the 70 for 2 days of training. My sister and I went to dinner last night while my parents were in meetings and it was so fun trying to use our high school spanish to communicate. I feel for those new missionaires :) PS...I have tried to spell check and it tells me every word is not spelled correctly because it is trying to spell check spanish words and I'm not sure how to fix that, sorry!!






1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys are having fun! Really wish i was there! glad you are keeping up on this blog while you are there. It's fun to see what you are doing and what i'm missing out on.

    ReplyDelete